Welcome to my handyman service profile page. Here you will find what kinds of work I can do for you, a little about me personally, past projects and my contact info if you are interested in hiring me.
I am a 28 year old male engineer-in-training (E.I.T) skilled at various things. I love to build stuff like mountain bikes, computers, kitchens, rc cars, pretty things for my wife etc… I am currently working as an E.I.T in the oil and gas industry. The various cut backs have meant I am looking for side jobs to supplement my income. I am friendly, hard working, to the point and honest. I live in Sherwood Park and prefer jobs that are closer but Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Edmonton and Ardrossan are locations I would consider working.
What Can I Do for You?
I have experience in the following areas (rated approximately from most experienced to least)
- 3D and 2D CAD design, drawings, modeling
- building and installing custom cabinets and kitchens
- general carpentry (concrete forms, framing, ICF forms, painting, installing trim, refinishing decks, building fences)
- helping people move (renting trucks, arranging quality labour, packing, moving)
- art design (laser cut art, vector, photo editing, brochures, some logos)
- tile backsplashes in kitchens
- installing hardwood flooring
- simple plumbing (replacing toilet, installing sinks, dishwashers)
- basic welding (have my own welding equipment but not certified)
I currently don’t have tools to build custom cabinets cheaply but I am equipped to install kitchens and build custom countertops. Everything else on that list I am equipped to do.
How Much Do I Charge?
I charge $20 or $25 dollars an hour (depending on the job) + materials. I charge so little because this is just to supplement my income until I can start a scale-able business. Moving is always $25 dollars an hour in order to ensure that I can get quality help. I am also open to negotiated per project totals.
Example Past Projects
A house I renovated the kitchen in. I installed a new light fixture, tile backsplash, I made and installed counter tops and I painted the walls and cabinets.
Spice Rack I made for my wife.
Cabinets I built at a millwork shop I used to work for.
A dune buggy I ran out of money to finish :(.