I haven’t heard ANY insightful comments in the mainstream media as to why Trump supporters are voting for him based on where he stands on key issues. This is obviously because the MSM disagrees with Trump on key issues and doesn’t want to give them any airtime on the chance that would make them seem like valid arguments. Without anything insightful to add to the discussion they simply avoid it (which is wise for them). The only insightful comment I have heard in the MSM is that people are angry and want change. That is now obvious. However, anger fades and now there is a new president so lets talk about what now. This post is for Hillary Clinton supporters who are now interested in respectfully trying to understand their previous opponents. If you just want to argue/blast someone, please move to the CNN comments section. Hopefully this post will actually be read by someone and they will begin to understand more what many of the people who voted for Donald Trump are expecting from him and why.
Pro Abortion Logic Responses from a Pro Lifer
The key to all of my responses below is that there is a line that needs to be drawn on when “tissue” matures enough to have its own rights and value aside from scientific experiments. The reason why passionate pro abortion advocates don’t discuss this issue publicly, that I have seen, is because there is no place to draw the line that still allows abortion. Once tissue is alive and has a complete set of human DNA that will give it a chance to grow into a human being, then the tissue is a human. Any other distinction would also leave out a percentage of the population that is obviously human already! DNA is what makes us who we are. We are not the sum of our parts
1. Abortion is about women’s right to choose whether their baby lives or dies
- This issue has nothing to do with upholding freedom (aka prochoice label) and everything to do with each side choosing what they think is right and wrong. This is proved true because if women have the freedom to have an abortion by law, than the same people lobbying for that law also lobby that doctors be forced to provide abortions (giving up their freedom). And if doctors have the freedom to not provide abortions based on their beliefs than women are not always guaranteed freedom to have abortions. True freedom always has limitations based on what is declared acceptable by the people in law.
- Women have the right not to have sex and the right to use contraception (if they pay for it). This is not about rights, it is about avoiding the consequences of our actions to satisfy our desire for a decreasing moral standard.
- Women do not need the right to kill other humans that make their life inconvenient. If I made your life inconvenient because you moved to become my neighbor are you allowed to kill me? If your children make your life miserable are you allowed to kill them? What if it turns out you are a terrible parent and your kids grow up unloved and uncared for? Should we just kill them then to put them out of there misery? That is what most pro abortion advocates use to defend abortion (the child would grow up in a hard and unfair environment).
2. Abortion is about supporting women when they are vulnerable
- If abortion made women’s lives better why are the halls of abortion support groups filled with grieving mothers? Why is depression and suicide higher for mothers that have had an abortion?
- If we wanted to support mothers we wouldn’t be coaching young women about how to have premarital sex with less consequences but teaching them how to take responsibility for their actions and plan ahead. There is a reason why the pill is called plan B. Plan A involves healthy relationships and a future.
- Children always make your life harder via time, money and emotionally. But humans need life to get harder in order to grow character most of the time. Character is what makes your life better. Graciously surrounding young single mothers with supportive relationships will build their confidence as a mom and as a woman not setting them up for depression by giving free baby murders as an option for their boyfriends to pressure them into.
- I understand that many if not most young girls having abortions don’t have a loving supportive relational network to draw on. This is all the more reason why they need practical help, not just a means of escape.
3. Abortion isn’t murder because the fetus can’t survive on its own before x weeks and so isn’t human
- Right, so if I become dependent when I get older and my kids have to look after me I am no longer a human and have reverted back to tissue status? Does not being able to walk up and down stairs count? Does not being able to take care of my own house count? Does not being able to get dressed or wipe my bum count? Does not being able to breath on my own count? How about being on full life support? Am I not human then? What if I can’t even wink to communicate but my brain is still working and I am conscious? ps Now if there are no electrons flowing then I am obviously dead even if you can keep my heart pumping and chest breathing. Until that time, screw off and don’t try to kill me! However, if I do get in a vegetative state please do let me die outside in nature, not in a halogen lit cave by myself.
4. Abortion isn’t murder because the fetus doesn’t look like a human and isn’t the same size as a human or has the umbilical cord still attached and so isn’t human
- Right, so if I get badly disfigured and dismembered and make people cringe when they look at me, then I am no longer a human but tissue?
- So if I am a midget, or born incredibly small then I am not a human? What is the percentile of size that I need to be to be considered human? How about on the too big side then?
- So if a baby is fully born but still attached to the umbilical cord (like normally happens) you can just kill them because they are physically separate from their mother yet? What about conjoined twins? Are they not human because there isn’t a single body with single fully functioning organs?
5. What if they are raped? How is that fair to say they have to keep the baby?
- Yes, that isn’t fair. But it was getting raped that wasn’t fair. Giving your baby the same rights you have is perfectly fair and just.
In conclusion, this is just one example. I don’t believe that this is true because Trump tweeted it !!!?!!!! And that really pisses me off when people say that Trumps followers are just dying white uneducated people. I am a 29 year old almost P.Eng man with a good job. I wouldn’t believe anything I hear on twitter as is unless Jesus came back and got a twitter account. (That hasn’t happened yet). They insulted Ben Carson for being to gentle, Trump for being to aggressive and me for being too gullible. Please give everyone some respect. People make choices based on the info they have. Just because someone lives a simple life doesn’t make them stupid. People that live busy lives aren’t necessarily smart either. Also, many people that go to college have zero percent more life skills or wisdom than those that don’t. Also, people that can make over 75k a year without going to college probably know how to start their own small business which is exactly why they would favor someone who is willing to prioritize small businesses. Those that know how to start their own business have a much better chance/skill set of running a country successfully/choosing the right candidate then those that have never had to learn how to manage anyone other than just themselves (single college graduates).